Tuesday, September 2, 2014




 This may have been a ground breaking record. Two whole months without laying a finger on the keyboard to write in this so called "blog". Post graduation is something else I'll tell ya. You know it means entering the real world, but no where does anyone tell you that you will drive up and down California 4 times, live out of your car for a few weeks, go through a break up, and then start a business. Lets just say, one day this may just make a good book.


I've decided to take a leap of faith that may be deemed as uncanny and crazy to some people. However, to another mix of, maybe the more square peg in a round hole type, it's just called chasing a dream. Wow, that kinda came out lame, although it's freakishly true. I've been playing dress up since I came out of the womb, however it didn't occur to me until the week after college ended that I wanted to build a brand. of my own. I literally wanted to make a living dressing up my homies and while I even thought I was crazy, I've decided to do it. And now I'll have a beer and share with you some things. Get ready.

Finding what you love is easy, although staying true to what your passionate about is whats hard. I've had many different pulls attempting to carrying me in different ways, and most of the time it was from people I respected most. I've been told I need to go learn from someone else, I need more school education, and best of all...who would buy 50$ ripped shorts!;) Needless to say, not everyone was stoked.

I've faced a lot of fears in the last two months and the first one was letting a little dinky website go live. It's no where close to where I desire, but I'm starting to realize the first step doesn't have to be a jump. As long as its a step forward, we're movin'.  While our ADD generation would like things fast and brilliant right away, lets face it perfection is not going to suddenly arise. It takes failing, staying up all night, rebranding, re-tweaking and patience. A lot of patience. Plus, even if you're moving slow, you have yet to quit. More importantly though, it also means not comparing yourself to others or changing what makes you unique to fit some one else's preference. If we are to aim to please everyone we come across, no one will be happy. Plus, successful brands and businesses are flooding the market and by focusing on anyone else in the race you're only going to get distracted. Stay focused.


It's been a while since I graced you all with my ridiculous reflections, so I thought I'd make it extra long. If you haven't noticed that isn't exactly your typical "fashion" blog. I'm not dishing out trends of the day and telling you what color to wear (head to song of style for that - she's great). What I hope to do through this though, along with my store, is yes share personal style (in the most non narcissistic way possible), but also remind you to find what you love and let it kill you. If you're overwhelmed with nervousness search for answ
ers, mentors, or goods reads for inspiration and really what I mean is just don't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment